The 3D city model is particularly useful in 3D visualisations if you can fly over buildings or drive through the streets. For this purpose CityGRID® Builder creates a streaming-capable scene from the city model data. Besides smooth navigation, switchable variants, object animations, shadow simulation, and many other functions might be used, to make the visualisation really exciting. The software module CityGRID® Builder consists of the packages CityGRID® FME Builder, CityGRID® 3D Studio Builder and CityGRID® Builder Control Center. (No FME or 3D Studio knowledge is required to work with CityGRID® Builder).
- 3D Studio Max (optional)
- CityGRID® FME Builder for the automated visualisation of large, static 3D geo data - building models, terrain models, orthophotos, point clouds.
- CityGRID® 3D Studio Builder for visualisation of dynamic, interactive 3D geo data - animations, instance objects, camera rides.
- Definition and cropping of project areas, integration and presentation of 3D planning models in the project area.
- Preparation of variants, viewpoints and camera rides.
- Preparation of animated objects, e.g. driving cars.
- CityGRID® Builder Control Center for the preprocessing of streaming-capable scenes.
- Structuring of large 3D projects into sub projects in order to be able to react quickly to changes in some areas.
- Distribution online and offline on any number of computers using the CityGRID® Scout Viewer.
- Processing and publishing of CityGRID® Scout scenes for navigation with gesture control (Microsoft Kinect).
- Processing and publishing of CityGRID® Scout scenes for navigation with a VR glasses (Oculus Rift or HTC Vive).
- Expansion of CityGRID® Builder for publishing scenes that are optimized for 3D visualisation in web browsers, and hosting on web servers.
- Expansion of CityGRID® Builder for publishing scenes that are optimized for 3D visualization on mobile devices, and hosting on web servers.
- For visualisation of published scenes on mobile devices, our free CityGRID® Scout app is available.